www.kryptonsite.com

UPDATED RUMORS: Lois & Clark's Dean Cain To Appear?
POSTED 8-3-05; UPDATED 9-13-05

Ever since Smallville was first announced, there was one guest star that KryptonSite webmaster Craig wanted to see on the show more than any other - and that's former Superman/Clark Kent Dean Cain, who starred in Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman from 1993 to 1997. Unfortunately, The Powers That Be were pretty adamant in the early years to stay far away from the still-fresh-in-people's-minds former Superman TV series.

In the years that have passed, we've seen one former Superman - Christopher Reeve - but still, never any word of Dean appearing on the show. His L&C co-star, Teri Hatcher, went on to do some series about desperate housewives that we hear is pretty popular.

Back in July, E! Online's Watch With Kristin reported that Dean Cain was in talks to appear in a 3-episode story arc as a "prince who is in love with Lana." Fans rolled their eyes at the predictable plotline. A few weeks later, TV Guide Online's Ask Ausiello wais saying that there is a "75 percent chance" of the rumor being true, except that Dean's character will have Lois as a love interest.

Now we've had two more updates, but it could be a case of mistaken reporting: "Perry" reports that the TV Guide Channel has said on the air that Dean Cain would be appearing this season, but it could be a case of them just picking up on the Ausiello rumor and running with it.

But, even more curious... a WB affiliate website, WBNX.com, has posted this on their main page: "Smallville will soon launch its biggest season, with James Marsters as arch-villain “Brainiac,” plus guest-stars “Aquaman” and ex-Superman Dean Cain!"

UPDATE: We talked to executive producer Alfred Gough about the rumors. Here's what he said: "I will say there is a little truth to the Dean Cain rumors. We have spoken to Dean's people. We have not found a story yet that we want to put him in. I think if you're going to get somebody like Dean, you've got to make sure that the role is right, and that the episode is good. He is definitely someone we want on the show, and as soon as we find the right episode and the right character, we will move on it, and hopefully given his schedule, he'll be able to do it."

When The WB makes any announcement, of course, it'll be posted here...
I know there have been rumors and wonderings for as long as the show's been on... but this is a fairly recent article/update.

ok, ok... I know I've only been posting articles lately... oh well... been super busy. wink

-Breanna