On the other hand, other from LabRat (who hasn't spoken about her country's norm)
Well, generally speaking, when children, we'd refer to adults as Mrs Carmichael or Mr. Anderson. Don't ask me whether that holds true today - don't have kids of my own. As adults, we tend to use first names if we know the person well and a person's full name, sans any formal identifier, if we don't - "I saw Sandra Jackson when I was out".

Haven't noticed that my nieces (8 and 12) are any different, although they are more informal about addressing family members than we were, back in the day. I'd never think of calling my Aunt Margaret anything but that, when I was young. But our nieces have always been encouraged to call aunts, uncles etc by their first names. Which doesn't really bother us that much. Whether that's the norm, or just a peculiarity of our family, I haven't a clue. I do think that children these days are generally less formal with this kind of thing.

One weird thing - I now live back in my childhood home, inherited from my parents. The same neighbours I addressed back in the sixties and seventies as a child as Mr Carmichael or Mrs. McGuinness are now Alex and Anne-Marie, now that we're adults living next door. This same elderly man I discuss gardening with over the fence, I can recall being the same one who used to work for a printers and hand over bundles of comics for my brother and I over that self-same fence. Which does seem very, very odd now and then. laugh

Not even going to touch what I'd call Tony Blair. devil

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers