Re any spikes in my count - what I meant there, and I realise I didn't explain it too well <g> - was that the only time I've ever managed to get a perfect blood count of 5.7 is the twice I've had something I shouldn't the night before. The 99% other than that I've been good it's been all over the place.
Hmm, I think I was the one who was unclear. This would be so much easier to explain if I could sketch a graph! wink

When someone has a chocolate bar, for example, their blood sugar spikes quite high -- that's why hikers sometimes carry it for a quick sugar rush. But the spike it followed by a rapid drop below the level the blood sugar was at before the spike, and may stay at that lower level for a while. That's why chocolate only works for a short, quick burst of energy, and is a bad idea if you need sustained energy.

So I was wondering if your atypical lower reading after a "treat" was following a spike, and possibly even caused by one. I have no idea how likely such a scenario is for most foods.

Just chocolate. laugh

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun