I just saw this today, at a matinee (only way to avoid crowds)... it was fun, I thought. I'm not really enthralled by martial arts, although I do enjoy Jackie Chan movies <g> but the scenes were pretty amazing and some of them were gorgeously done.

The main plot, from what I could tell, was a massive head-frell about the nature of reality. *Nothing* from the first movie necessarily applies anymore. Also lots of philosophy about choice vs. fate, free will vs. destiny, etc. Which was interesting, but it did slow things down.

I've always understood Neo's "powers" to be an advanced form of hacking -- Morpheus can bend some rules, but Neo can get inside the code and rewrite it on the fly. Sometimes literally wink But who the heck knows, really. He shouldn't have been able to do that bit at the end...

And of course, it is part 2 of 3, so it had to end on a down note (like "Empire Strikes Back").

Anyway, I'll be looking forward to seeing the third one. smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K