I personally enjoyed the martial arts scenes, having studied a bit of Karate myself. However, much of the plot does revolve around fighting the bad guys and the movie is rated "R" for a reason. I did enjoy the Neo/Trinity plot, as well as the special effects. I could have done without the tribal dancing scene too. It didn't seem to add much to the movie, but I'm sure it'll help sell the soundtrack.

I know he's supposed to be 'the one' which means he's really special but I don't see any foundation for all the 'wonders' he's able to manifest.
Neo's powers are established in the first movie. Remember the famous spoon-bending scene? In the Matrix universe, those who can make themselves believe that reality is an illusion can put mind over matter. Hence his abilities to fly, stop/speed up time, etc. It makes sense to me that those would only work in the Matrix. If they worked in the "real world" as well, you'd know that was just another Matrix on top of the first one.

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2