Lifting this from the poll section to answer and enquire:

Ahh the joys of XP. I still have to figure out how to stop the comp from restarting itself.
Oooh, so it's not just me???? I can't tell you how reassuring that sounds, Jen, even if it's a major pain in the tushie. :p

The bad side is that it might mean it's a bad bug of the system and can't be fixed. The good side is that I won't have to go tell my techs they're brainless morons. Wait, not sure this is a good side. goofy

Seriously, I'm not going to give up just yet. A friend of mine said he would try to look into it when he has time and see if there's anything wrong with the way XP was installed.

But if other people have had problems with XP (home edition) involving unwanted reboots, can you please let me know how and when it happens? Is it usually when you hit the "x" to close a programme? And if so, with what kind of programme does it usually happen? And is it when other programmes are running (such as Outlook Express, WORD...)?

Also, Breanna mentions Service Pack 1 and the problems that go with it. What's Service Pack 1? And does it run with every XP Home edition you buy?

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~