Heh. I already know I'm an addict. But I term myself a "spod"

--------------------- Brigandine Online Help: spod ------------------------

-=*>The Spoddy world that spods spodily spod in *=-

Spod (noun) (feminine:Spodess) (plural individual: Spodz) (Neuter: Spodo) -
A sad, sometimes fluffy, sometimes not so fluffy, computer nerd.
A spod is easily distinguished by the following characteristics:

1. Extraordinarily long login times to talkers and/or Muds
2. Knows a dangerous amount of info about the Internet - more than any person should.
3. Often known to break into computer labs after hours just to telnet.
4. Sometimes name their favorite terminals
5. Often witness beautiful sunrises and/or sunsets... from a computer terminal.
6. Spod Eyes syndrome - Eyes feel as if they will budge after long hours spent at a terminal.
Spod (verb) - To act or behave as a spod. (Trapp spods all night, doesn't he)
Spoddy (adj) - Fitting the behavioral patterns of a spod. (Briana, you spoddy spoon!)
Spodily (adv) - Acting in the manner of a spod (Drizzt spodily types away. What else is new?)
Spodaholic (n) - A spod who is obviously addicted to the spodding experience.
Spodders Anonymous - A spod support group-Before every meeting (It's true that there are meetings on talkers) One says the lines like so: "Hi, I'm Briana, and I'm a spodaholic."
Spoddom (n) - The world available for spods to spod in. The exact opposite of so-called "rl" (real life)

See help spod-classes for the subclasses of spods

"The spoddy world...", and all the subclass names are (c) traP aka M.
[ Bourdaa 1995. You are free to use these terms to describe others, or yourself, but this may document may not be published (written or electronically) or altered without the official permission of the author. All rights reserved. And other legal mumbo jumbo too !!
Taken from a talker I'm on. wink

I've never taken a plane just to meet someone I met online.. at least, not for the first time. I once drove from Pennsylvania to Chattanooga TN with 3 guys I'd never met IRL (and only talked to 2 a few times online) to get to a "spodmeet" to meet everyone I'd talked to online and had never met in person. Think of LAFF without the official reasons. Granted, I *was* going just to meet 1 guy I'd met on the net, then took the bus to visit him on spring break, then flew down for his graduation... And eventually married him. laugh

And yes, I often think "LOL" to myself instead of laughing. The tech support one doesn't count, since that's my day job. But I also do tech support on IRC, as some people know.

BTW, the christmas card one doesn't count. I believe that everyone that I send cards to that's not family, I've met online. Of course, I now live close to a few of them, so they're no longer "online friends".

...You won't work at a job that doesnt have a modem involed
Ewwww, completely wrong. I won't work at a job with a modem involved, not for net access anyway. I refuse to work at a job that doesn't have T1 (or higher!) access with unlimited internet access during work hours. Now if I can find one of those that doesn't involve 40 hours of phone support...

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited