Originally posted by Female Hawk:
Thanks, Lynn smile
My pleasure. smile

OK, I admit, I didn't get it at first blush 32 doesn't seem like a score that would induce boredom. But then I realised that baseball doesn't have time limits like footy or even cricket.
Those are contributing factors. But the key elements are the phrase 'Little League', the bungling that is taking place on the field (note the boy with the his hand in the air trying -- but failing miserably -- to make the catch), and the fact in baseball and softball, the numbers represent the actual number of runs. (That is, the number of times a player has made it around all of the bases and returned home.) 32 is a very high number. Plus, baseball is a relatively slow game to begin with.

But the real reason I posted this was simply the names of the teams. I was more amused by the confluence of the names of your favourite team and the Metropolis' football team than I was by the intended humour of the cartoon.

Joy,
Lynn

Perhaps the parents need to recruit a couple of really great pitchers. That could be cheaper than the No-Doze!

(And BTW, Australia play Ireland in 'International Rules' which is a mix of Aussie Rules footy and Gaelic football.)

Corrina. [/QB][/QUOTE]