Thanks guys! I'm delighted to see that you approve! smile

Hazel: no, this wasn't a short section! smile

Afterglow, huh? Believe me, that certainly isn't the impression you're supposed to have at this stage! (Hey, there has to be the potential for their relationship to deepen over the course of this story; at this point, they should still be paddling around the shallow end.)

I imagined them sitting on the sofa, then kissing, then CJ reclining against the cushions and Lois reclining against him. They haven't rumpled their clothes or anything at this stage; they've only just worked out that they might actually enjoy kissing each other... Lois's reaction is supposed to be based more on her emotions than on the intensity of their encounter. Does that make sense?

If that isn't how it comes across, then I really need to change things. Could anyone else tell me if they thought 'afterglow' here?

I'm delighted to see that I've got general approval for way the Elyse story has been (mostly) dealt with.

As for Toni... Ah, so people have noticed her second mention. smile Yes, she will get mentioned again later. But then, so will quite a few other people.

Tank: no, Lois won't be going to the Congo. In fact, she spends most of this fic in Metropolis. CJ, however, gets to travel a little further afield. And, yes, there are a couple of whams coming, but you'll have to wait a while longer for them.

Oh, and there will be more yucky stuff, too. You have been warned. smile

Paul: no folc cameos anywhere in this fic! It is a cameo free zone.

Thanks for the link; I'll be off to explore as soon as I'm done here.

Kathy: it depends what you mean by smooth sailing, doesn't it? I can't guarantee they they won't argue, and I've already said that there are some whams to come. All I will promise is that Lois and CJ won't stop talking to each other. smile

Liz, Avia, Tricia, RetroRose, Maria, Bethy and Jen; thanks for your comments, too. smile

Chris (desperately seeking clarification on the afterglow thing... please?)