Originally posted by Wendymr:
Dundan, without trying to dismiss your experience and knowledge, I'd have to add that all individuals are different and react to events in different ways.
Yes, they quite do. I completely agree with that statement. Yada, yada, yada, we disagree on how the characters would react.

Again, that's fine. (Although that's a very ambiguous and generalised statement.)

We know that you don't buy the events in this story as we're telling them. That's fine. You're entitled not to like the story or accept the characterisation. Equally, we're entitled, having read your posts and responded to them, to carry on writing the story as we wish if we don't agree with you. wink That's not saying that we don't respect your point of view; of course we respect it. But do you respect ours? :rolleyes:

Wendy smile
I believe I have stated, my problem with this story isn't with the story, but with the superficial manner in dealing with its criteria.

Believe it or not, this is exactly the kind of story that touches on issues that go beyond any sort of genre that it relies on. Stories that deal with issues about drugs, etc. This IS one of them, although the subject is much more obscure.

This is sort of like attacking the mentally ill for one, and saying the events are fiction.

Who cares about the events? You're talking about things like MJ Thompson titled as, "Second Stages of Grief". Although I must admit I haven't read her story, this labels a clinical condition that doesn't exist as "normal". It isn't.

I wasn't necessarily referring to the events anymore, but to the causes that are so treated underneath.

Where's the respect in that?
--
Anyhow, if I have infringed any forum rule of etiquette I apologize for that, but it seemed to me like my point wasn't really clear.

I also believe that's not your point of view, with your focus being mainly on the story. I was merely suggesting that you pay more attention not on the action of the characters but on the subject matter being used.