I've been thinking on it and I'm not at all sure that anyone would really see much with the foot thing.

I mean there's a lot of other traffic around on the street, all fast moving. There are parked cars - no doubt lining both sides of the street.

And the biggest element of all, this is a huge city, bustling and busy. Move, move, move. I think it would suffer from the classic 'too busy to see anything' state of mind. Ask any New York cop how easy it is to get a witness to a crime. No one sees anything in a big city. They're too busy hustling on with their lives, wondering what to make for dinner that evening, if the fax machine will still be broken when they get back from lunch, ooops, they forgot the wife's birthday...and a host of other mundane things. They're enclosed in their own little self-bubble and everything else in the world passes them by.

So it doesn't strike me as especially odd that things like this would be missed.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers