"nice try, clark, but that is not a romance novel."

"clark, why are you answering letters to superman?"

"lois, look at this... http://www.lcfanfic.com "

"the automated excuse generator? you found a website that gives you lame excuses?"

"clark, you're not really going to buy that lot of ties off ebay without seeing what any of them look like, are you?"

"uhm, clark... i don't mean to question your choice of friends or anything, but why does that chat window say you're talking to a rat?"

"grocery list: ho-hos, ding-dongs, doritos, frozen pizza, ice cream, neutella, 3 gallons whole milk, hershey's..."

"... and, while i'm sure the lack of coca-cola must be very devastating to you, i'm afraid superman is too busy with other emergencies to expidite the shipping..."

"... and, while a madwoman repeatedly threatening you with disembowling shears is, indeed, a serious situation, i think it's one that's better handled by the police department..."

"dear zara, i'm so glad to hear that things are going well with you and ching. i'm excited that you have managed to get a webmail account. it's too bad that it will take several years for you to recieve this, but rest assured that we'll be looking forward to your reply..."

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.