When it comes to writing; back in the day when I wrote more often I would occasionally be 'inspired' to write a short, or vignette, while in the middle of a longer story, but now I tend to focus on one story at a time. Mostly because I have a hard enough time finishing them up now as it is (case in point - TOGoM 2013 is coming along slowly)

When it comes to reading I only read one novel at a time on my Nook, but since online fanfiction is episodic I juggle several stories simultaneously.

On the L&C message boards it's not too hard to follow since there are only a few ongoing stories being posted at a time. On fanfiction.net (when reading Castle fic) it's more difficult to keep up since the volume of posts is somewhat daunting. There I tend to review the last 'chapter' posted before the reading the newest one to help me reintegrate with the story. This also helps distinquish between storylines which are similar, which happens a lot on that site.

Also, since I have no real life beyond work, I tend to check out both sites daily which makes it easier not to get too far behind.

There is a lot out there and it can get kind of crazy sometimes but the ones I really feel sorry for are those people who "don't read". Them I don't understand at all.

Tank (who admits that he just had to write his own 'Castle' story after the finale even though no one will read it)