Hi Tricia,

First of all, THANK YOU once again to you and to the entire Kerth Committee for spending so much time behind the scenes to plan and run the ceremonies. Thanks, too, for trying to come up with ways to improve them.

I'm not so sure that changing the categories would necessarily encourage more voters. I, personally, liked the categories as they were. I agree with Virginia that it would have been helpful to have the hyper-linked list of nominated stories available early, and then had a date and time announced as early as possible. If it has to be rescheduled, so be it, but then have the new date and time announced as early as possible. Some FoLCs probably need more than a few days' notice to arrange their schedules so that they can attend the ceremony.

One other possible suggestions: Maybe authors could voluntarily post one-paragraph summaries of their nominated stories, and the summaries could be included with the hyper-linked list. That would help jog readers' memories about which story they had read was which. (I know that the archived stories all have one or two line summaries, but my suggestion would let the authors have more detailed summaries, and it would permit the readers to see all the summaries in a single location, rather than having to follow the hyperlinks to each story.) Or, if the paragraph idea doesn't appeal, perhaps the one-sentence summaries of archived stories could be put in the hyper-linked list.

Thanks again.

Joy,
Lynn