Originally posted by dcarson:
The comics are usually vague on locations. New Troy as a state is I think a L&C invention. Some canon has the two cities on opposite sides of Delaware Bay. Gotham to the New Jersey side, Metropolis on the Delaware side. DC geography
I read this description while during a cursory look through Wikipedia and liked it. It makes more sense than outlying suburbs type cities to New York. I was just wondering if Gotham City was considered within New Troy or not. But inside Jersey laugh kind of fitting, isn't it?

In Smallville New Troy is the state on the license plates of the cars from Metropolis. I find it funny (funny wonderful) that Smallville would adapt something from L&C as most of DC / Superman universe seems likes to act as if LnC never existed. (Better than Superboy, yet worse than Superman Returns on the scale. This is the vibe I got, not my opinon.) Of course, :rolleyes: Smallville's Metropolis is within a 3 hour drive of Smallville.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.