Originally posted by LabRat:
The BGDF script alone is like that because it's an annotated copy, complete with scribblings and notes from one of the cast/crew. (Can't remember which now.)
Ah. That explains it. I'll have to read it some time, after I have finished reading the Kerth nominated stories.

Of course, she might be there because Smallville's medical facilities weren't up to treating a ruptured gall bladder, and not because she lived in Metropolis.
Wouldn't there be another large hospital closer to Smallville than Metropolis?
That all depends on where, precisely, Metropolis is (there's another thread in the MB about this). But even if it is in the general region of RL NYC (which was the general consensus) one could still argue that she was not necessarily a resident of metropolis...She could have needed emergency hospitalization while visiting the city to see her nephew, for example. That would explain why Clark never mentioned her to Lois -- one would think that if he had a relative living locally, the topic would have come up between them, even if we never actually got to see her.

BTW, I realized that I never explicitly apologized for being inaccurate with regards to the existence of Clark's aunt. Sorry about steering you wrong, Mona. I'm glad Labby caught my misstep.

cheers,
Lynn