The first fic I read was the TUFS series. (I guess I should say, it was the first episode of it that was the first. goofy ) When I read it, it was hosted on an AOL site. It linked to the archive, though, but I was a silly 13- or 14-year-old, so when I saw people were writing stories based on the show, I thought, "What is there possibly left to write but continuation like the fifth season?" Clicked out and moved on.

Til I found it again a year or two later, when I was 15, along with this message board. wink That time, I discovered the archive "properly" - and I believe the first fic I read on the archive was Zoomway's "Counter Clark-Wise".

(As a side-note, I would like to add that I remembered a short while ago what the first fic I ever wrote was, and no, it wasn't online... It was Biker Mice from Mars comics my best friend and I used to draw in elementary school, with both of us as the biggest Mary Sues, ever. <g>)

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)