Hopefully someone else can really answer your questions, ML. I'll just give you my two cents.

I do think it ought to be possible to identify radiation deaths through autopsies. In Hiroshima and Nagasaki, tens of thousands of people died of radiation poisoning. I can't believe that there weren't autopsies made aiming at identifying the specific symptoms of radiation poisoning. People also died when there was a nuclear meltdown at Chernobyl. Surely enough must be known about radiation deaths to make it possible to identify them.

My general impression as to whether or not a body could be radioactive enough to kill another person who came close to it or handled it... I don't know. I'm sure that if the entire area is known to be contaminated by radiation, any rescue workers going in would want to wear heavy protection suits. If they didn't wear protection, they themselves by get a high enough dose of radiation to die of it. But suppose the rescue workers wore protection, retrieved the bodies, and washed the bodies off, removing the radioactive "dust" from their skin. Would these corpses still give off enough radiation to kill others? It seems doubtful to me.

How about police lines to seal an area off?

Radiation deaths through lethal injections... yes, sure, why not? I know that when people are to have some kind of brain scan or intestinal scan, they have to swallow a mildly radioactive liquid, or maybe this liquid is injected into their blood stream, or something. Certainly it should be possible to make such an injected liquid highly radioactive instead of mildly radioactive?

As for kryptonite, there is something weird about that. If it is radioactive, so that you can measure its radioactivity, how can it fail to hurt humans?

Ann