Actually, I don't feel smart at all. Without the list of authors, I couldn't guess a single one of them (apart from my own work and the ones I had inside information on). With the list... Well, Woody gave himself away to me with a pm that arrived about ten minutes after I offered FDK on his story.

I guess if I had taken the time to think about it, I could have guessed QotC. This fic is the only one that matches her style, I think. (Not that I'm that good at recognizing style, but seeing as I'm rather fond of her stories... Anyway, I'm babbling.)

Anyway, Elisabeth, I sure loved your reasoning for guessing me for my story. (You *did* say something about going for option three which was me.) I mean, isn't there a higher compliment than "I think it's hers because it doesn't match her style"? I mean, there I was, feeling proud because I had managed to stop myself from using words and sentence constructions I habitually use... Well, I think you get the picture. wink I guess my author's note combined with the fact that you *knew* I *didn't* write *your* story (*cough, cough*) helped you along the way a little, didn't it? goofy

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)