Here in FoLCdom, we've never gone in for automatic archiving
Technically speaking, that's not quite true. Back in the early days of the Archive, before GEs (heck, before the archive's short-lived Beta Reader referral service which grew into the GE system), the Archive was just that... an archive of all stories posted to Rhen's ficlist. Mail something off to the list, and as soon as it was done (this was also back in the day when a 4-parter was huge), there it'd be on the archive, which was just a list of stories (by filename) available for download.

I didn't understand the point of it, then. Why bother going to this page the mysterious "internet" which existed outside of my ISP when I had a perfectly good archive in a folder of my email program?

Ahh, the good old days. laugh

But what I really came to say was...

Carol, I've saved a cosy little spot in my submissions mailbox just for your stories. They have their own cushions and chocolate supply and everything. So, whenever they want to wander on over... wink
Ooo! Nice!

(Note to self: Get a "Carol Fic" costume and sneak over to Lab's inbox.)

(Hey, maybe that's what I can be for Halloween. Although "Matches Malone" would be easier to put together. Meh, first I need to find a place and reason to wear a costume...)

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.