Originally posted by HatMan:
"Hey, guys... I bet we could use my trash can."

"Your trash can?"

"Yeah. It's a matter disintegrator. I rigged it together a while back. Saves landfill space, you don't have to buy trash bags, and it's much more effective than a paper shredder."

"Huh. Good idea. And I bet we could do something with that mouse trap I've been working on. If we could increase the amplitude on the electrostatic stun pulse emitter..."
Really liked that one

but I figure that Supes would never actually approve of rats riding motorcycles carrying bombs on their backs...
In a hostage scenario (where innocents could get hurt), I figured that one of the best ways Klein and his buddies could help would be via releasing sedatives into the ventilation system, thereby sending everybody to sleep, the police could then go in wearing gas masks, restrain the criminals before turning off the gases, which leads to rapid recovery of consciousness...

EG.
by using a volatile anaesthetic agent
which have rapid onset/offsets and are easily manipulated, and are relatively safe for all ages including during pregnancy, will not produce too much respiratory or cardiac side effects...

these anaesthetics are primarily often used for the induction and end stages of operations as they are more easily controlled than injections, as turning the tap off will quickly remove the drug from the system...

e.g. Sevoflurane , which has a "sweet smell" and quick induction of total unconsciousness, and is relatively safe for all ages (Pregnancy not stated on wikipedia)
as opposed to others which have pungent odours, hence people would detect that something has happened and could be dangerous for hostages (if hostage taker gets angry...)

the docs would use a plenum vaporisor in reverse in order to provide enough gas to anaesthetise the entire room...
vaporisor [Linked Image]
anaesthetic machine [Linked Image]
however sevoflurane is expensive, so one possibility would be to combine it with another short acting anaesthetic, but others either have too wide ranging side effects (especially respiratory depression) or are potentially lethal to people with Kidney &/or Liver &/or heart &/or lung problems so would probably be a bad idea (let alone some of them have hallucinogenic properties)

if you want to explore this further, I suggest that wikipedia is a great page to start from... as you can look through a wide range of possibilities, including any major SEs of the drugs...
\
\
this is also a good page for a general overview

You can't have MANSLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER

The Neuroscientist: Eating glass makes you smart...do you want to see what you can learn?