Originally posted by EditorJax:
I guess one element of TOGOM that I don't like is that it took Clark "dying" for Lois to realize how much he meant to her, when in reality she had feelings for him back at the end of the first season (HOL); and we also saw a glimpse of her feelings when she sought him out for comfort when the Prankster was after her. And yet, after TOGOM, she didn't act on those feelings for ... how long? I guess it just seemed like an anvil of sorts.
It’s about the classical ”you don’t miss what you have until it’s gone”. We see that Lois find Clark attractive even in the pilot, and I took her barrage of put downs as her way of stopping herself, and him, from acting upon that attraction.
In reality, Lois "did have time for the farm boy falling for her", she was just terrified of the being hurt and losing control. So she works very hard to psyche herself into believing there is nothing between them, but as we, the viewers, can see in a lot of small ways it’s not true. But when Clark is gone everything comes down and she cannot pretend anymore. As to why she didn’t act on it afterwards, the same reason Clark doesn’t act on his desire, their relationship means to much to them that they are unwilling to risk what they have by pressing on.

And furthermore, once Lois found out that Clark was Superman, it's like she had forgotten all about the fact that he put her through hell when he "died." That would have been a great point for her to bring up.
Yes hence why it’s so popular, fanfic is often driven about righting the “wrongs” of the canon.

It’s also a very good obstacle because it isn’t petty, the other things, the secret identity, the white lies could be worked through, by reasonable people, but this is a very legitimate concern. Yet Clark’s view can be understood as well.

Otherwise I have always thought it was a rather weak plot. Cloned 1930th gangsters, and the GIGANTIC plot hole that if the killed Clark could be revived with Hamilton’s technology, it is the greatest leap of medicin in human history. The world as we know would be fundamentally changed, but Hamilton destroyed the result because he discovered that reviving gangsters with their life experiences intact was a bad idea. And for being so driven, Lois doesn’t seem to care about a gift wrapped Pulitzer. :p

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...