And furthermore, once Lois found out that Clark was Superman, it's like she had forgotten all about the fact that he put her through hell when he "died." That would have been a great point for her to bring up
And that, right there, is what made me write my very first TOGOM story: the fact that she'd never - metaphorically speaking - slapped him across the face for letting her believe he was dead. I believe it's a running theme in most of my TOGOM adaptations... wink

But, yes, the principal reason for writing TOGOM fics is the angst and grief. goofy

Back to add:
I guess one element of TOGOM that I don't like is that it took Clark "dying" for Lois to realize how much he meant to her, when in reality she had feelings for him back at the end of the first season (HOL); and we also saw a glimpse of her feelings when she sought him out for comfort when the Prankster was after her. And yet, after TOGOM, she didn't act on those feelings for ... how long? I guess it just seemed like an anvil of sorts.
Well, she did already know what he meant to her. But at the end of HoL he told her he just saw her as a friend, so she felt rejected (and, yes, she'd already rejected him, but still - she was left believing that her feelings weren't wanted). And Lois was always afraid of taking that step from friendship to lovers with Clark, because all her relationships had been disasters. She didn't want to risk losing the one friendship that clearly meant so much to her. We saw that fear manifested both when Clark asked her out and after their first date.

Why didn't she do anything after TOGOM? She tried. But when she discovered Clark was asleep she lost her nerve. And then when Mayson started hanging around more she went into "I'm not jealous! (but I am really)" mode. And then it really wasn't all that long between TOGOM and Phoenix, when Clark did actually ask her out and she accepted.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*