I've had BRs who are both older and younger than me. I've had one BR who is exactly half my age, and another younger even than that. I've had BRs whose first language isn't English.

The one thing all my BRs have had in common, and the reason why I begged them to BR for me in the first place, is this: they're good at what they do. smile They have an eye for characterisation, or for plot, or for when a story drags or something's not quite right - or for all of those. Usually, they have an eye for spelling, grammar and typos as well, but for me that's less important because I'm generally fairly accurate in that regard. They're also usually wonderful at giving me ideas for developing particular threads further, or for picking up on some minor point in the story and pointing out that it's a huge opportunity for character or plot development.

So, Darcy or Anna or anyone else wondering about this: I think your age, or your native language, is completely irrelevant to anyone who's asked you to BR for them. Take it from me, that's not what writers care about where their BRs are concerned!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*