Yeah, I sort of know what you mean in general.

It's been a number of years since I've Beta'ed, BUT my last job before I left my stint real world and started working on my Master's this fall was essentially an editing job. After I designed (or received a pre-designed file) at the print shop in which I worked, I also got the pleasure of telling clients what was wrong with their file, why they can't use this size font, and no the file they sent me isn't compatible with any of the company programs.

I'm 22 years old and I'm as nicely as possible ripping apart and putting back together other, older peoples' projects. :p

It was a tad daunting at times, but it depends on who you work for (or Beta for). Half of the people didn't know how old I was to begin with, and the other half who actually came into the shop treated me as if I knew what I was talking about and listened to my opinions before printing. Somewhere in there a third of the group didn't care one bit and went ahead and told me to print the way they wanted. Our favorite phrase in the pre-press room was, garbage in, garbage out. wink

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy