Why in the world would you want to close the thread, Carol? I think it's a very interesting one! Maybe I've enjoyed reading it so much because I, too, have been struggling with finding the time to writing these days, mainly due to an insanely busy real life schedule. I think the responses people made were very interesting -- many of them paralleling my own thoughts on the subject -- and I'm glad the topic was opened for discussion. smile

(And from the responses, it sounds like there are many of us in the same boat ... it's kind of nice to know I'm not the only one out there who needs more hours in the day to accomplish everything she wants to.)

In short, I'll echo those who say "if it's no longer fun and enjoyable and giving you pleasure, it's time to stop doing it." It's not like this is a job, and when we start thinking of it as a chore, then I don't see a point to it. To me, writing fanfic has always been a fun hobby, and when unfinished stories start to feel like a guilty weight on my shoulders, I need to give myself permission to just stop for awhile. That's where I'm at right now, in fact. I expect to start writing again (I always have before after taking a break), but other things have priority right now. And that's just the way it has to be.

Kathy