Well, as I've mentioned briefly over on another thread, at the moment I really have zero interest in writing and it's not the first time my Muse has gone on a lengthy round-the-world cruise for a few years, either.

Both times, some years later, I woke up one morning raring to go again. huh

And I've had a passion for writing since I was eight years old and mostly have been writing ever since - bar those two breaks.

It isn't unusual when it comes to fanfic, for authors to eventually get bored of writing for the same fandom, with the same characters. Sometimes you move on. You develop interests in other shows or you want to explore professional novel writing...so there may come a time, certainly, when you want to stop writing LNC fanfic as other types of writing begin to interest you more.

That's certainly happened to me in the past. I have several Young Riders fanfic lying fallow somewhere on a floppy disk which will never be finished because halfway through them and way after YR was cancelled, I fell in love with LNC and the Muse started happily spinning tales in my head about Lois and Clark which I just had to get down on paper.

Generally speaking though, I think the point at when you give up is when it's not enjoyable any more. When it becomes a chore, then why bother?

That's all the clues you need, I think.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers