Well, Carol, I have stopped writing because it had become a nagging chore. I've been trying to complete The Circle Game trilogy for three years and it just wasn't happening, so I decided to stop. The freedom I feel because I'm not pushing myself to write something I don't want to write, at this point in time, is absolutely terrific. And as time has passed, I find myself thinking about the story and approaches I might change or add, but I don't feel that I have to write. I'm doing other things, and enjoying them immensely. Since I'm not a person to leave something unfinished, I'm sure I'll get back to it one day, but for right now, I'm just taking it easy.

BTW, this says to me that I'm not a real writer, because I think a real writer has to write, can't not write, and is compelled to write.Real writers may have talent, or they may not. Sheilah and Nan are real writers who have talent also, as are a few others on this board. You know I think you have talent, Carol. Maybe you just want to write something besides L&C fanfic.

smile Jude

dance

"Simplify. Simplify."
Henry David Thoreau

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle."
George Orwell