*hides* That's Lex Go *SPLAT!* by CrazyWritersRUs. peep Nope, wasn't vindinctive, just really creative...

So, after much searching...

Clark immediately took a small step back. "I'd never do anything you didn't want me to," he said, as if horrified that she might think otherwise. "You do know that, don't you?"

She let out a breath. "I know that, Clark," she conceded. "It's just... Well, you are acting a little strange."

"I can't help how I feel. I'm so completely in love with you, baby."

Baby? Lois fell silent. What was going on here? Why was Clark calling her 'baby'? No one called her 'baby' and actually lived to tell the tale. However, before she could respond, Clark's face broke into a smile.

"Let's get out of here," he said.

"What? Clark, it's the middle of a work day. We can't just..." Her voice trailed off when Clark suddenly became a blur. When it finally stopped, Superman was standing in front of her, hand stretched out to her.

"What... How... Omigod!" Lois gasped as the implications of what she had just seen began to sink in.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited