Ending is hard... you want to wrap up the plot, and make it emotionally satisfying. And the ending (last scene, last image, last sentence) is what people will remember -- so, what's the main point of your story? Love conquers all? Keep on truckin'? <g> Try to find a way to re-enforce that theme.

You can also try to bring things full-circle -- if the beginning was alt-Clark being all lonely in an empty apartment, the ending might be alt-Clark and Lois in an apartment brimming with light and warmth.

Sometimes it helps to sort of "zoom out" with your narrative camera -- you've been showing every detail in the conclusion of the story. The last few sentences/paras can be a little more pulled back, generalizing instead of focusing on details. Show the big picture (which can fit with the full-circle thing above).

If that makes any sense smile

Apart from Beginnings and Middles, Endings are definitely the hardest part to write wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K