Hi JM. Yes, I'm OCD too wink
LOL Simba. That is one colorful Venn diagram. However my humble Powerpoint doesn't do it that way. I grew up in a very 2D world and as long as the circles intersect each other, all is well in the world.
I added B only to Holiday/Special Occasion. (The new diagram simply replaced the old, so look at it again.) Yeah, I guess you could just say "Lois didn't like Christmas" and that would be the scene setting. But like Hazel said:
I *don't* think that H/SO is only purely WAFFy. This year specifically includes two alt stories that are definitely H/SO and definitely include an A-plot, for example.
I loved Momentum II, but I consider the whole skiing thing an A-plot. There were no bad guys, but Lois and Clark interacted with the world and I learned something about skiing.
I guess some would think the "World Tour" story had no A-plot because it was simply about Lois and Clark enjoying places in the world. But I considered it did. Not a lot of A, but some anyway. That's why I was surprised Yvonne said she couldn't write A plots, because I think she has. Some of her settings are beyond complex and they definitely included bad guys.
Hazel said:
I did wonder about the lack of C and U in the mostly WAFFy stories and comedies. Surely C is automatic with *any* story that uses elements from the show? Unless C specifically means ep adaptation rather than reference to ep elements...?
My take on that is that the story must involve things from specific episodes to have a C-element. That is clear in the Best Episode Adaptation. In other cases where is a character's characteristic (Lois doesn't cook, has fear of commitment, etc) it's not a specific C-element. But yes, there certainly could be Christmas in an alt-universe (Nan just wrote one). But I didn't include it in H/SO because it's not required to be there.
But, as I said, this is notional. Not all permutations are covered. All categories would look like Simba's picture and there would be no information to help us think of the differences.
I got more feedback than I thought I would and thank you very much!
cool
Artemis smile1 smile1 smile1 sloppy

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis