A plot in Holiday/Special Occasion. To me, there is an A plot by definition because it involves a specific Holiday. The author must say enough to let us know it is Valentine's Day, Christmas, or Groundhog Day. It may have mostly Waffy feelings, but the plot has to involve some detail of the Holiday. Getting presents for Valentine's Day, buying a tree at Christmas. That's enough for me to call it an A-plot, and yeah, it's just a little bit of one. So call it the tiny motor that propels the story forward. And I understand I differ from some on my interpretation of an A-plot here.
I see where you're coming from, Artemis, but that's not an A-plot, surely? It's simply scene-setting, isn't it? In the same way as Kathy's Momentum II - an entirely B-plot story - includes scene-setting in that Lois and Clark are going to the mountains on a skiing holiday?

I haven't been involved in the discussion on the definition of an A-plot, in this folder and on the poll thread, but as I understand it an A-plot is considered to be the action/mystery/suspenseful/dramatic/dangerous plot in the story or episode - the catching the bad guys, or finding out what's making Clark sick, or dealing with the trauma of Lois's attack plot. That's why I was so surprised to see A-plot included as essential in that category.

Otherwise, fascinating!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*