I came up with another couple of questions. (Really I'm trying to avoid doing my schoolwork <g>)

2. An author may submit a maximum of two (2) stories per category or three (3) stories per submission cycle.
[...]
4. A story shall only be eligible for judging in two (2) categories throughout the life of the Merriweather Awards. Once it has been judged twice, it will no longer be accepted for competition in any category.
What's a submission cycle? And is there going to be a finalized list of categories so authors know when they should plan on submitting their story? I mean, if story X could be submitted in three or four categories, the author might want to decide which categories s/he has the best chance in and only submit to those.

Also, looking at your scoring sheets, judging each story is going to be incredibly time-intensive, especially for longer pieces. Is each judge expected to read every story in a category? Or, if not, are scores from different judges going to be normalized somehow to allow for different judges' biases?

Kaylle