Personally, back when I was still writing, I generally wouldn't post a part that wasn't about ten pages, and it could've gone to as long as 14 pages. This was due to two factors. First I never posted more than three times a week since I used to post before my storied were completely finished. And second, I write the stories episodically. I don't write then figure out where to break them. I figure out what I want to say within that instalment (chapter?) and write to that end.

On a couple of occasions, in answer to one of Wendy's evil challenges I've written responses which exceeded the limit that the board will allow me to post. I don't remember exactly what that was, but I think 15 or 16 pages is about the upper limit for the format that I write in. In those cases I've broken it up into two instalments which I label A and B and post them at the same time.

Shorter instalments are fine if the writer posts on a frequent schedule, but they can be a bit frustrating if we get this little teasing taste, then no follow up for several days.

Tank (who makes it clear that this is just the opinion of an old retired writer)