Sorry it took me so long to reply, I've been busy with finals and BRing. No, I haven't read or watched most of these.

I do own all of the Superman movies. It's been awhile since I watched them, but I can't remember anything jumping out at me as blantently incorrect.

I have seen Citizen Kane, which I know I should love, but I just don't. I can't explain it, I just didn't really enjoy it. Maybe I should give it another chance. Can't recall it well enough to critique it.

Broadcast News is a great movie. It's about Broadcast news rather than Print news, but from what I know, it's pretty accurate. Incidentally, it's my soon-to-be roommate's favorite movie. He's obsessed with it.

Never Been Kissed is one of my favorite movies. Their newsroom is pretty different than ours, but considering it's the Chicago Sun Times, I wouldn't be surprised if they really were that crazy and disorganized. <G>

I tend to read a lot of non-fiction about journalism, but I haven't read a whole lot of fiction. I'm always drawn to novels about journalists, but I'm usually really disappointed in their portrayals. I'm sure the ones written by journalists are much better though. I'll have to check some of them out. I'll definitely check out Jaffe's novels. Charlotte is one of my top choices when I start looking for a job next spring.

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen