Thanks.

My reaction to typos, continuity errors, etc, would depend a lot on what I knew about the author. Some are really anxious to improve as writers, so I assume they'd want to know; some others are just having a fun time and don't bother too much over details. If I had no idea... well, if I were writing feedback mail anyway, I'd probably slip it in there. But I wouldn't just send the correction all by itself.
If I recognised the author from the fic list or posting on the mb, I'd maybe say something, if I was sending feedback. The only time I ever send just corrections is when my friends ask me beta something before they post it. smile

But I must point out that the Archive will only accept a replacement file or edit from the author of the story. Not from anyone else who has happened to notice an error in the file.
Don't worry, I'd feel bad enough, pointing it out to the author, never mind anyone else! blush

I'm going to blame my friend for this, thanks to her I can't read *anything* without putting on my 'beta reader's hat', I've even caught myself noticing mistakes/typos in published books! I'm nowhere near as bad as she is tho!

Loriel

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris