(Or rather, tangent lines...)

In honor of the first rainy day(s) of the season (California, mind you), and the fact that I've been eagerly anticipating my trilogy watching season, I give you a challenge semi-inspired by none other than the Back to the Future trilogy. *applaud* hyper ("Ohmigosh! That's so amazing!")

Thank you. So here it is.

Goal: Reach as many different outcomes of the same event as possible. Normally I like shooting for 100, but we'll just have to see how far this gets.

Rules: No duplicates. No limit to the amount of weirdness or complexity. Can be as long/short as necessary. And it can also be developed into a longer fic (for those of you who like to write 50+ parters :p ). Meaning it doesn't have to be in here per se, but it would help to outline it. laugh

For instance, there's the scenario (outlined below). One person takes the first part of the challenge and can develop the intro better (if they so please) and then comes up with an ending for the story. Then, another person takes the same beginning and (in the words of Doc Brown) "skews the timeline into a tangent to create an Alternate 1985" ... er, alternate outcome. This can even overlap partially into another person's posted idea, so long as it skews at some point before the end.

I hope I explained that all right.

Scenario: Lois is walking down the street by herself, on her way to Clark's apartment. Suddenly, a windowless white van pulls up to the curb next to her. The door opens up and...

(The rest is up to you! So many variables! Timeline, attitude, emotions, whowhatwhenwherewhy... Muahahaha! evil Have fun!)

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain