clap Loved your scenario, Virginia! Clark seems intent on hurting Jimmy right now, so I wouldn't recommend Jimmy to take any random flights home...

My take...

Lois grumbled and reached over to grab the phone. "Whatever it is, it'd better be important. Do you have any idea what time it is?!" She rubbed her eyes, trying to wake up a little.

"Lois, it's Perry. I need you to listen to me very closely right now. I... well, I'm afraid I've got a bit of a situation here."

"Huh?"

"Well, you see, I've tried stopping him, but he's bound and determined. I've got him cornered up here on the roof, but I'm scared for him, Lois. He keeps yelling at me, saying he's Superman, and that he's gonna fly right off the building- Kent! Let go- give me-" there were sounds of the phone being wrestled around, then finally another voice came over. "Lois? Lois!! I love you Lois! I'm gonna fly out to you right now- 'cause I'm Superman! Did you catch that part?"

"*Superman*?" She sat up a little straighter, a frown crossing her features. "Have you been drinking?"

He sounded hurt through the receiver. "I'm not drunk. I'm not anything. I'm flying high on love and sunshine. Why are you attacking me? I *do* love you, Lois Lane! Let's get married, right now!"

Her hand came up to rub her eyes again. "Calm down, okay? I can't follow a word you're---*Married*?!" She glared at the phone. "You *have* been drinking."

"I'm coming, Lois. I'm going to jump off this roof and fly through your apartment window, and then we can go anywhere in the world! This ledge seems stable enough."

"Uh huh. What?! No! No, that's a very bad---just---just stay right where you are, okay? In fact...do you want me to come get you?" She started to climb out of bed.

"No! I'm gonna go pick you up... Oh, hi Inspector! And Dr. Klein! What are you guys doing here? Dr. Klein and Bill Henderson are here," he spoke back into the phone.

"What? Oh, he is? That's...that's good, then, I guess."

Lois could practically hear the disappointment in his voice. "But doctor... I was gonna go marry Lois! No... alright fine. Sorry, Lois. Dr. Klein and Inspector Henderson and Chief want me to go down to Star Labs first- they said something about helping me plan a better proposal- I'm gonna go, if that's alright with you?"

"Yeah, you do that. I'll see you tomorrow, then?"

"Or sooner," he whispered into the phone conspiratorally before she could here Perry takes it from his hands and there was an abrupt click.

"Okay. Goodnight."

Lois hung up the phone, yawning as she settled back into bed. It was only a matter of seconds before sleep reclaimed her.

*****S*****
I don't know. I've never really done this before, and I'm bored right now. *shrugs* Forgive any mistakes. or randomness. blush

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain