I'd love to see this written as a comedy. How original would that be -- to see a funny twist to TOGOM?

And ML is interested. Woohoo!
dance
I can't summarize any one tale, but Wiki has quite a few links to stories in literature, film and music where someone makes a deal with the devil. Probably one of the more famous is the play The Tragical History of Dr. Faustus by Christopher Marlowe. Never read it, but most people have probably heard of a "Faustian Bargain".

[tangent] And if you haven't -- run to the archive and read it (nFic version available). By Sue S. [/tangent]

My favorite comedic version in film is the movie "Bedazzled" (I've seen both the original with Dudley Moore and the remake with Brendan Frasier and like the latter better) where the hero gets several tries at winning the girl of his dreams, only to be thwarted by a cunning devil. I believe it's the contractual fine print that saves the hero in the end.

Of course, we could throw the TOGOM idea right out and just play with the idea of either character (Clark for Lois -- or Lois for Superman) making such a deal to win the girl/hero of their dreams. Sounds like good fun to me.

Please write it.
grovel