I'm still not sure I understand how this is supposed to work. Can someone explain it further?
This is the "directive" that I used when I posted that "game" on my LiveJournal -- perhaps this will help a little bit.

I made a list of 10 characters, it is a secret list. If you want, comment to this post with a question like, "2 and 8 have a dance off, who wins?". I'll write a quick drabble to answer the question and post them in a separate entry.

I believe what Mary is doing here is asking people to make up a list of 10 characters (*before* reading the questions!) and then answering the questions using the characters from the list.

For instance, let's say I have a list and someone gave me this, as a prompt: "5&8 are seated next to each other in the ER waiting room, both for embarrassing reasons." -- I'd have to write this little story, using the characters at these positions on my list. In this case (because I did have a list, and I did get asked to write about that), I ended up sending Clark Kent and Tony Stark to the ER, for this crazy little tale .

Does that help any?

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies