Oooh, I think this is my first Fanfic challenge ever! YAY ME!

Okay, so I've been making music videos (yay me!) and in doing so I've been horribly forced to watch and rewatch clips over and over again and WOE ME! Tis a burden I bear... wink

So anyhoo, a couple of thoughts occurred to me while watching the end scene of Brutal Youth. That's where the challenges come from. evil

(These are separate challenges, so one doesn’t necessarily relate to another unless you wanted it too.)

Time
When Lois asked Clark how much time he had given up, he had told her he didn't know. He followed this with saying that none of them knows how long they have, and it’s the moments that count. For some reason, I get the feeling that he does know, but doesn't want to tell her. Assuming this is true, why? How long does he really have? Months? Years, only? Or will this cause him to live out a normal lifespan of a human?

Protective Aura
In "Don't Tug on Superman's Cape," Clark had protected Lois from Bad Brain's Evil Floaty Laser Doodad Thingy of Doom (TM, I'm sure) when he pulled her into him. He said that it was his aura that protected her, or something along those lines. Now, if his aura protects her from physical harm, would the constant contact from sleeping in the same bed almost every night (barring the nights Clark is bound to spend on the sofa due to the numerous fights they are bound to have) have some long lasting effect on Lois? Will it 'stabilize and slow' her aging process as well? Granted, if this were the case, she probably still wouldn’t live as long as he would, but would possibly add years to her life. How would they handle their apparent lack of aging when Jimmy’s playing shuffleboard on a Retiree’s cruise ship or something?

(Note: LaraMoon, the resident – er, or rather my resident wink – Superman Expert, said that they messed up with this part and that it doesn’t really work that way. Which I can understand, because in ‘Its a Small World’ Dr. Klein only said that the aura extended a couple of millimeters. And if his aura did extend out that far, his shirt wouldn’t have been shred beef when Mayson Drake died. But shh! I’m ignoring these points because if the show’s writer’s could, then so can I by golly George!)

Soul Mates
I realize that there are several people who don’t really agree on certain aspects of the Soul Mates episode, but for canon’s sake, let’s assume that it’s ‘real.’ Let’s also assume that Clark didn’t lose more than a couple of years off of his life, and that he lives a ridiculously long time. When I asked LaraMoon, she guestimated that he could easily live for a few hundred years. In a Wikipedia article I read about a weird alternate reality thing, he had lived 68,000 years. (Which seems rather ridiculous to me, but what do I know?) What if he lived for four hundred years? Five? A millennium or two? According to ‘Soul Mates,’ their souls are intertwined and always seem to find each other, so where does that leave Lois’s poor little soul? Will she be ‘reincarnated’ during Clark’s lifetime? If so, will he recognize her for who she had been? And if he does, will he take the chance on being forced to watch her die possibly again and again, depending on how many times she comes back during his lifespan? What if he first meets her as a small child?

…What if she’s reincarnated as a male? (Okay so that’s not really a part of the challenge per say, but I happen to find that thought rather quite enjoyable…)

Alrighty, there are my challenges! If anyone is interested to take these on, please let me know laugh And if there are already stories out there involving these scenarios, I would love to read them! I may even write a small something on one of these, but I’ll have to see how my brain cooperates with me…

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*