Hey, guys. I promise eventually I'll find the time to *finish* some of my work and post it here for everyone to see, but until then... I'd love to see your takes on this concept.

Here's the idea-- Clark Kent grew up in Kansas, but he seems like such a city man sometimes. I know he's world-traveled and all, but he IS a farmboy at heart.

So why couldn't he really show Lois the natural charm of the Midwest?

While it may seem that he did this in GGGOH, that episode seemed to focus on small-town life and Smallville... No fields of wheat, no super-blue sky, no amazing sunsets... This may sound a bit cheesy (and I do expect a lot of WAFF in whatever results from this), but I'd like to see fics that involves Clark taking Lois out to show her some of the nicer things about growing up in the country.

Some clarifications/other stuff:
-- Can take place at any time after beginning of S2 (this means LL can know secret or not, be in love with CK or not, entirely up to you... I'd just like their relationship to be pretty solidly grounded, which it is once S2 starts).
-- It'd be nice if it was more than a 'friendship' fic... if you must keep it platonic, at least drop some tension in there. devil
--Maturity level of content is entirely open. Do as you please, just put it in the right spot wink

I'm really looking forward to see if anyone takes this on. And if fics like this have been done, and you guys direct me to it, I'll love you forever. Really!

By the way: "Fields of Gold" by Sting is a rather appropriate song for what I'm suggesting.

P.S. I am amazed by the proficiency and dedication of the fans and writers here. As a long-time lurker, I just have to say you all amaze me. ^.^

Oh, it's no problem, I can just-- what? You want to do what?

...No, I just don't think peanut butter is used that way very often...