Well, I did already say that I loved this, CC, but in case you need reminding - I loved this, CC! goofy

And, in case you're wondering, this is the bit which absolutely, beyond any doubt, convinced me that it was you:

What if Superman spoke feline? She wouldn’t put it past him. He was fluent in...how many languages? Clark had mentioned that once, had read the Chinese fortune cookie...

“And now that I take a good look at you, you remind me of someone. Turning up where you aren’t expected. Maybe a little predatory. Probably you take after your owner? The major difference being that you’re here on my lap, and she’s currently hiding under my bed wearing a really short skirt.”

He had the nerve to laugh at the shocked squeak she couldn’t smother.

“Really short,” he continued. “Don’t think I didn’t take advantage of the view...because, well, it is my place, after all...”
I'd had my suspicions before then, but after that there was no way I'd believe it was anyone other than you. It was mostly the humour in your dialogue and introspection, CC, but even more the way you use ellipses. wink

Now, when do we get another story from you??? wildguy wildguy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*