Actually, Jill, I know someone who did use that as a treatment. I'm pretty sure it was the same condition.

Basically, they said that getting pregnant would work as a temporary solution. No periods while she's pregnant, so she'd be out of danger during that time. Afterwards, they'd probably have to do some surgical work. So, she could either have one more baby or none at all.

She and her husband wanted more kids, so they agreed to try it. She had to take some fertility drugs to help the process (like you said, it's more difficult), but eventually, it did work.

Of course, with fertility drugs, you get a higher incidence of multiple births, but that didn't happen this time.

Anyway, my point is that her doc did suggest it, and it did eventually work. The situation was a lot different than they would be for this 1st or 2nd season Lois. The person I know was already married with one child. Lois isn't even dating. Still, the doc could mention it in passing, I guess, and then Lois's brain would latch onto the idea...

<shrug>

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.