Well, no-one else has stepped up to finish our story, and I hate seeing it leave off like this, so I've come up with an ending.

It's just a tad wordy, but I did my best. As you can see, I've been forced to cheat a bit, too, but there are only so many Q, X, and Z words!

Without further ado...

Lois (sarcastically): Some tragedy.

Clark (bringing everyone up-to-date on what his research has turned up): Unfortunate victim was x-rayed...

Lois (whispering to Clark, afraid he has unwittingly given himself away): You “zapped” ...??

Clark (shaking head and whispering back in clarificaton): Autopsy

Clark (continuing): Bludgeoning could definitely explain fractures, gross head injuries, jagged...

Dan (upon noticing Lois' green-tinged face): Kent...

Lois: Luthor must not outwit police questioning!

Dan (to Mayson): Ready?

The two depart.

Lois: So then, unlucky valet was x-ed...

Clark’s face takes on a familiar look. Shrugging his apology, Clark spins into suit, flies away.

Lois (finishing her sentence in disgust): ... you zoom away.

Several hours later (during which we can presume Luthor has been arrested, Dan & Mayson have run off together to elope, and Lois has come to see the light):

Clark: Before...

Lois: Clark, don’t. Everything’s forgiven.

Lois (continuing, off Clark’s unconvinced look): Guilelessly, honestly.

Clark: I...

Lois: Just kiss...

Clark: Lois...

Lois: me!

THE END.

NOTES: Zapped is commonly used to mean microwaved, so it's a bit of a stretch for Lois to use it meaning x-rayed, but, hey, whatever. I actually found the word x-ed in the dictionary, meaning crossed-off, deleted. Lois uses it here to mean killed. I'm assuming Gordon Hutchenson is one of Luthor's lackeys, and that all concerned know that Luthor is behind Nigel's murder.

Actually, we could probably cut & paste this directly over to the Bad Fic Challenge! You've got to admit that following Yvonne's challenge rules has resulted in some pretty bad dialog! wave

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster