yay, earl figured it out! woo-hoo! go earl!

and earl's given away his "secret identity" for the emergency. was a tad surprised that clark didn't do the same, but i guess it's deeply engrained.

good job with the kidnapping, and i guess it makes sense that he'd need a smaller gun to keep hidden for this sort of thing.

i'm impressed with his dexterity in keeping the gun on her with one hand and injecting her with the other.

i hadn't heard of methohexital, either, but a quick web search turned up this page, which had the following explanations:

Methohexital is a short-acting barbiturate, used extensively for deep sedation and as an adjunctive pre-medication for anesthesia. Its use in conscious sedation remains somewhat limited1-5. Its generally short time to onset (typically 10 minutes with rectal administration) 3,6,7 and typically short duration of effect (30 to 75 minutes)1,6 are attractive features.
Methohexital demonstrates a rapid onset of sedative action due to a rapid but short-lived distribution phase that includes the CNS. Following intravenous (IV) doses, sedation can occur within 2-5 seconds and full effects are manifest within 30 seconds. A rapid equilibration to other tissues explains its short effects (15-30 minutes following modest IV doses). Duration of effect, as well as extent of sedation increases with increasing dose.17 Intravenous doses of 1 mg/kg may produce sedation that lasts only 10-15 minutes, while IV doses of 4-5 mg/kg produce deep sedation that may persist for up to 60 minutes. For conscious sedation lower IV doses (e.g. 1 mg/kg, maximum 50 mg) with titration (e.g. 0.5 to 1 mg/kg every 5 minutes) may be a safer strategy to avoid deep sedation, and avoid respiratory depression.
sounds like a good choice.

i, too, like the fact that denzler is being so careful. also found his introspection about GG to be very funny. yeah, all sorts of crazies out there, denzler. why, you wouldn't have to look any further than your own bathroom mirror...

well done, anna. looking forward to the final part, and that nick of time rescue...

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.