Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
This cries out for Lois seeing Superman and seeing the ink mark on his neck. That will blow the secret for sure!
It would definitely blow the secret, but do you really think Superman will let himself be seen with an pen mark on his neck?

You'll just have to wait to find out whether Clark goes to wash his neck or not.

Originally posted by Lady Loisette:
I want to get a pencil and a piece of paper and start doodling little drawings now. :p

Poor Clark, stuck with pen ink on his neck. :p
*laughs* Hey, I'm always doodling the 'S' shield in the margin of my notepads ... doesn't everyone?

Originally posted by AmyPrime:
Lois better be careful with that notebook! I can imagine, say, Ralph trying to sneak a read for story ideas, and ending up with more than he bargained for.
Oh my goodness. That thought is just horrible. I can see Ralph's eyes bugging out of his head, then a smirk coming over his face as he sidles up to Lois and begins mercilessly teasing her.

Originally posted by VirginiaR:
hyper It's Friday, already! dance Oh, darn. KK just posted new story early. wink
Yeah, sorry to confuse you. I wanted to post on Fri, but I'm pretty sure that the boards will be down during my evening time. Plus, I realised I'd been procrastinating ... It needed posting.

When she first starts reviewing her doodles, I thought she'd transition from an "S" shield to a "CK" shield (i.e. she thinks that Clark is "Super" not Superman) or add glasses to a drawing of Superman, which then would freak out Clark into thinking that Lois has figured out his secret.
Nice idea ...

I'm not a doodler myself, but I am surprised that she would spell out her crush so blatantly and publicly. Anyone could glance over and see what she was writing, especially Clark, who usually is sitting next to her at these meetings.
Yes, Lois is doodling, and often in a real daydream, but there's easy ways to disguise/hide/obscure what you are doing, and it's not always in a meeting that the doodles happen. It has been over time ... over months. Plus, she's much farther 'gone' than usual. This Lois has already realised that she's completely in love and she's acting a little like a romantic teenager (in the daydream moments - otherwise she's still Mad Dog Lane).

My gosh. His excuses are getting worse. [Linked Image] Putting his neighbor's dog down? Yikes! eek Let's hope that one isn't true.
My betas asked whether this was real, or an excuse. It was supposed to be a Superman excuse. Yeah, it's not a very good one. lol

I'm thinking that Clark used heading to the restroom as another Super excuse and never even suspects that he's been drawn upon. I agree with Io, this cries for Lois seeing Superman or a photo of him with ink on his neck. But if it's a photo, then others in the newsroom (i.e. Jimmy or Perry) might notice it as well.
Someone else thinking that Lois will see Superman sporting this pen mark. You know, my betas both thought the same thing too. The first few paragraphs of the next part will quickly explain a few things, from Clark's point of view. It will answer a few questions.

What's going to happen next down at the docks?
Urm. Some exciting stuff ... that's all I'll say. My betas could confirm that (or not, I guess).

Originally posted by Morgana:
Doodles - especially the romantic kind lead to interesting events!
And you'd know!!!! laugh Some very interesting events to follow.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."