OK, show of hands ... who wants to punch Shane in the mouth? wink

Very nicely done, Corrina, setting up a parallel situation to Clark's big secret and hashing out the "when should it be revealed?" discussion in detail, and right in front of Lois to boot. I have a feeling that her "Clark, what is your big secret?" is more rhetorical ("What am I going to find out about you someday that's going to derail this amazing relationship?") more than Lois actually sussing out from Clark's intense questioning that he knows Jane's side of things all too well, but you never know. I was wondering when he was going to tell her about his abilities in this story - it would be hard to fly in every weekend without her getting suspicious - but the Shane/Jane situation brings up the issue in a creative and surprising way.

I have to agree with the above post that there may be too much here to figure out in one morning. With his high level of anger (Dude, did you ever think that she was afraid you would act exactly like you are NOW?? And you just proved her right to be afraid??), I'm not sure Jane should marry him today, even if he has a change of heart and agrees to show up at the church. Yes, she kept something big from him and they need to work that out. But he also needs to earn her trust back after reacting the way he did.

I know I'm biased, but I think that Shane's betrayal is just as bad as Jane's here. Not only did he refuse to talk to her about it and work out his feelings *with her*, but he told her secret to several other people. I know he had to tell the secret to explain himself, but the fact remains that by lashing out with such vehemence and anger, he proved himself to be selfishly thinking more of himself than of the woman he supposedly loves. He hasn't said one word about how awful and scary it must have been for Jane to grow up the way she did, in and out of foster homes, always wondering if her family was going to come back to hurt her, always afraid someone would find out her secret. (Heh, yeah, not biased at all. lol ) All he's thinking about right now is how that might affect *him* as her husband.

Too bad Mad Dog Lane has been so softened by meeting her Prince Charming that she's turned all mushy inside. We need her to tell Jane to kick Shane to the curb and make *him* beg forgiveness from *her*. wink

Plus without a wedding, L&C will have more time to hang out together ... but skip the movie, Clark. Apparently now you know that you need to have a really, really, REALLY long talk with Lois before she goes back to Metropolis. wink

Kathy