Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#98761 01/19/14 07:33 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I do have a companion piece that views the event from Lois' angle. I should have it polished and posted in a day or so (I hope!)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#98762 01/19/14 11:21 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay, can't wait. Bring on the revelation for Lois ...

Loved it.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
#98763 01/19/14 11:37 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Silly Clark. Did he really think that Lois wouldn’t recognize his terrible bowling, not to mention his reaction when he did poorly during the tournament, after having just spent an afternoon at the bowling alley together a few days prior? Even if she was only suspicious watching his awkward bowling, he definitely gave himself away when he reacted the same way as both Clark and Superman when he didn’t do well.

Fun story. I’m looking forward to the version from Lois’ view.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
#98764 01/20/14 01:21 AM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Ah yes, Bowling. Probably one of the only sports I's ever played semi-regularly (and one of the few things hubby and I kind of enjoy doing together, even if we don't do it too much anymore.) My church had a league growing up, and mom used to send us with my grandparents to a lane once a week (they bowled in a seniors league). As I got older grandma would get us a lane and between each ball grandpa would come over to critique it (it sounded like criticism but looking back I know it was done in love). He used to watch bowling on TV from time to time. Not to mention St. Louis had been the home to the International bowling hall of fame until about six years ago. I'm not very good anymore but I'm sure I intimidate my friends for the first couple of frames (I have my own ball and shoes).

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#98765 01/20/14 03:20 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I figured that Lois would catch on to Clark's secret when he ate the fries with his left hand.

Good story.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
#98766 01/20/14 03:47 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Vicki,

Wonderful story!

I couldn't decide what gave him away the most. I think I'll throw in my vote along with AnnieB. I think it was eating Bruve's fries with his left hand.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#98767 01/20/14 04:36 AM
I
Blogger
Blogger
I
Hi. This was a nice story. The bit about the left hand reminded me of the dart scene where Clark alternates hands to throw the darts. I don't remember if he ate with his left hand on the show, but it was an interesting idea for a revelation.

I would like to read her side of the story.

#98768 01/20/14 07:13 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KatherineKent:
Yay, can't wait. Bring on the revelation for Lois ...

Loved it.
Thanks! And yes, it's quite the revelation, isn't it?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#98769 01/20/14 07:14 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lady Loisette:
Silly Clark. Did he really think that Lois wouldn’t recognize his terrible bowling, not to mention his reaction when he did poorly during the tournament, after having just spent an afternoon at the bowling alley together a few days prior? Even if she was only suspicious watching his awkward bowling, he definitely gave himself away when he reacted the same way as both Clark and Superman when he didn’t do well.

Fun story. I’m looking forward to the version from Lois’ view.
Thank you! Poor Clark was so self-conscious that he didn't even realize how badly he was giving himself away. (That, and he relaxed a little too much at having Bruce there.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#98770 01/20/14 07:16 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Christina:
Ah yes, Bowling. Probably one of the only sports I's ever played semi-regularly (and one of the few things hubby and I kind of enjoy doing together, even if we don't do it too much anymore.) My church had a league growing up, and mom used to send us with my grandparents to a lane once a week (they bowled in a seniors league). As I got older grandma would get us a lane and between each ball grandpa would come over to critique it (it sounded like criticism but looking back I know it was done in love). He used to watch bowling on TV from time to time. Not to mention St. Louis had been the home to the International bowling hall of fame until about six years ago. I'm not very good anymore but I'm sure I intimidate my friends for the first couple of frames (I have my own ball and shoes).
My husband used to bowl in a league when he was a kid. So he's tried to help me with my own less-that-desirable bowling skills. Too bad I'm still not all that good at it. His attempts to help me actually prompted the idea for this fic a while back.

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#98771 01/20/14 07:19 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Annie B.:
I figured that Lois would catch on to Clark's secret when he ate the fries with his left hand.

Good story.
Ah! Good catch. Did it help? You'll see! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#98772 01/20/14 07:21 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
Hi Vicki,

Wonderful story!

I couldn't decide what gave him away the most. I think I'll throw in my vote along with AnnieB. I think it was eating Bruve's fries with his left hand.
Hi, Ken!

Thanks for the kind words. You'll see all the little things that caught Lois' attention in the next fic. Pray my girls go to bed without issues tonight so I can get it re-read, re-edited, and posted. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#98773 01/20/14 07:25 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Ingeborg:
Hi. This was a nice story. The bit about the left hand reminded me of the dart scene where Clark alternates hands to throw the darts. I don't remember if he ate with his left hand on the show, but it was an interesting idea for a revelation.

I would like to read her side of the story.
Hi there! Thanks! Clark does occasionally eat with his left hand. I remember reading somewhere (or maybe it was brought up in on of the panels Dean has done during conventions) that he does eat with his left hand sometimes. Something about his old principal in school who'd lost his right hand in an accident. It struck a chord with Dean and he's eaten with his left since.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#98774 01/20/14 07:27 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Cute story! I could see the revelation coming, but the ride was fun.

Checkhov's French Fries?
wink

#98775 01/20/14 07:28 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Sigh. "Chekhov's French Fries." I need a beta for my posts. wallbash

#98776 01/20/14 10:41 AM
Kerth
Kerth
clap Great story, DC! Loved it so much! Between him being a terrible bowler and eating the fries with his left hand and giving himself away-- just great! I'm assuming that there's going to be a version from Lois' perspective coming soon? Can't wait! dance

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#98777 01/20/14 11:40 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loved it, loved it, LOVED it! laugh Everything from Lois and Clark to Superman bowling to Bruce "Batman" Wayne was pure gold. My only complaint is that I need more. Hopefully the companion piece solves this problem. smile

~•~
#98778 01/20/14 03:47 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by DebbieG:
Cute story! I could see the revelation coming, but the ride was fun.

Checkhov's French Fries?
wink
laugh Thank you! Poor Clark - outted by a fry!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#98779 01/20/14 03:48 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
clap Great story, DC! Loved it so much! Between him being a terrible bowler and eating the fries with his left hand and giving himself away-- just great! I'm assuming that there's going to be a version from Lois' perspective coming soon? Can't wait! dance
Hi, Mouse!

You assume correctly. Working on polishing the other half as we speak. And thought it would be hilarious to see Superman suck at something. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#98780 01/20/14 03:50 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Queen of the Capes:
Loved it, loved it, LOVED it! laugh Everything from Lois and Clark to Superman bowling to Bruce "Batman" Wayne was pure gold. My only complaint is that I need more. Hopefully the companion piece solves this problem. smile
Thank you! More to come very soon. Hope it lives up to your expectations. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard