Comments go here.

Thanks,

Corrina.

#98099 11/17/13 09:49 PM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Just a few inches from his hand was a large snake, its head raised in preparation to strike.
Sounds like it was a good idea Romaric is following him. Has there been any indication of Clark's powers coming back?

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#98100 11/18/13 05:26 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Matty searching for his wife was a cute perspective. He may be the Chief, but he's also a man on his honeymoon. Lois and Clark's relationship as viewed through his rose-colored glasses put an interesting twist to things.

The white man was slashing through the forest in a haphazard fashion that was unlikely to achieve anything other than exhaustion and hopeless disorientation.
Yep. That sounds like Kent after Lois smashed his heart. /looks at watch/ Hey, right on time, too. laugh

From this one line we can tell so much. Clark is distraught from his encounter with Lois. He doesn't feel like he has anything left to live for. Thirdly, either he's too used to be invulnerable he doesn't realize his crashing through the woods is going to attract predators or he doesn't even care enough about Lana to move more quietly through the woods to make sure he makes it back alive to Metropolis to check on her.

"Don't track him," Matymbou said. "Not yet. He needs to fix his thoughts. When he comes back, I want him to be ready to pledge to Lois."
Clearly, Romeric either isn't good at listening to his Chief or something else is going on here.

Romaric checked the supply of short spears that hung from his waist and then settled in to follow the visitor. He would remain unseen while he awaited his moment.
Has Lois brought jealousy to the Bangala? eek Romeric knows more about Lois's situation than anyone else in the village, but I don't think he's the person Lois is referring to when she said a third person knew about Tempus's plot to kill her. So, who was this third person, who could've tipped Kent to her location?

Lois Lane, the dogged and driven reporter, had just about proven that Tempus was the power behind the lethal influx of weapons into Metropolis.
This is the most believable back story for alt-Lois I've ever come across. clap

So, she stayed. Did nothing. Watched the children. And waited.
She's changed so much since her Mad Dog days.

Just a few inches from his hand was a large snake, its head raised in preparation to strike.
We shall soon see if Clark has become invulnerable again or not.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#98101 11/19/13 09:59 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Nice to see through the eyes of the Chief, a kind soul, really!
I'm eager to see Clark back with his powers, but I don't see it coming right in your next part.
Romaric and an arrow, I think he might be tempted to use it against Kent but he will instead kill the bad snake (hope it is not Kaa wink )and save him. Maybe the two need a good male talk.

Always waiting and eager to see what you have in stock for us, Corinna. hyper Makes me so glad to read a new part, you brighten my day!! sloppy

#98102 11/20/13 06:47 PM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I've loved this story so far, and I'm so excited that things have started to move! I thrive on the anticipation of the moment when all is revealed. I cannot wait to see how you unravel the knots into which you've tied the characters.

Amber smile

#98103 11/21/13 08:35 AM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I am glad Matty is a lot less quick to mistrust than Lois.

I am also glad that Lois is rethinking her initial reaction.

I still think that Tempus meant that he left Lois to die there. He referred to her as Clark's wife, no matter how confusing for Clark that was.

John Pack Lambert
#98104 02/07/14 05:50 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by VirginiaR:

"Don't track him," Matymbou said. "Not yet. He needs to fix his thoughts. When he comes back, I want him to be ready to pledge to Lois."
Clearly, Romeric either isn't good at listening to his Chief or something else is going on here.
A long, long time ago, Lois told Clark the story of how she became Diddi's mother. Diddi's father went on a journey and his brother, Romaric, went against the chief's wishes to search for the body. The links are there - they've just been lost in the passing of (lots of) time.

John said

I still think that Tempus meant that he left Lois to die there. He referred to her as Clark's wife, no matter how confusing for Clark that was.
Interesting point. I didn't write it with that in mind, (Lois being Clark's wife) but we know Tempus has knowledge from outside this world.

Thanks to everyone who commented.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard